Rare & Obscure Metal Forum
NEW FORUM: http://heavymetalrarities.com/forum
NEW FORUM: http://heavymetalrarities.com/forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?

Go down 
+6
oldschool
Peter
headless-cross
AchiLLeS
Lord Bones
Vile Ent
10 posters

1. Yes
Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? I_vote_lcap33%Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
2. No
Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? I_vote_lcap67%Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Vile Ent
Blog Contributor
Blog Contributor
Vile Ent

Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? Empty
PostSubject: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010 - 10:33

I hate to say this, but it might be a good idea to enforce a strict NO RAPIDSHARE rule as their waiting games have gone out of control. They're only allowing perhaps 1 or 2 d/ld's per day from free users at this point. I've done the clicking thing, tried a few other things, but don't want to install any of those RS workarounds on my comp at the moment. Sorry that there have been some RS links already posted, all I want is reasonable access to the music if I'm going to be tempted with it LOL. The way things look with RS right now I can only see things getting worse. There's lots of other better filehosts out there, so far Fileserve has served me well (no pun intended), and Megashares as well. Yes, Megashares has a bit of RS-like inconvenience, but it doesn't even begin to approach RS' insanity! Not even close! And it keeps my files up there, d/ld's or not, for almost a year so far, they haven't deleted one - no file size limit either. With a free account. So that's my two cents, take it or leave it!

Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? 825381
Back to top Go down
http://stage65.ning.com/
Lord Bones
Lord Bones

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010 - 10:50

I totally agree with ya. But at the moment I have only RS. I have been with them since 2006. And indeed they are shitting you, even paying members. When I signed up there was a plan that ya pay per year and you could win points from downloads and referrals. That whole system is gone.

Now I am looking for a nice site with big storage, no weird plans, friendly to non users. I am trying Hotfile a bit now.
Back to top Go down
http://metal2thebone.blogspot.com
Vile Ent
Blog Contributor
Blog Contributor
Vile Ent

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010 - 11:04

Yes it's too bad, finding a decent filehost can be a real quest. The changes to RS are just recent of course. I was just hoping that we wouldn't end up with a ton from RS while most remember them in a more reasonable context and then we can't get any of the stuff. It's not like when you purchase something at a store; they can just change the rules on you, or simply disappear off the face of the planet and you have no recourse. It's a jungle out there fer sure lol! Hotfile has only kept my files up briefly and doesn't seem to be all that free user-friendly, but of course if you have a paid account your up'ing and down'ing is probably okay.
Back to top Go down
Lord Bones
Lord Bones

PostSubject: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010 - 11:19

Indeed RS has changed things alot in just 1 years. I think 4 times. Now I have paid for 3 another months just give me time find another host.

You know. The most sure thing is to buy a domain name, get a server stack, and be independent. But that's fucking costly.

Megaupload seems ok
I don't want mediafire

Aah well more research to be done
Back to top Go down
http://metal2thebone.blogspot.com
Vile Ent
Blog Contributor
Blog Contributor
Vile Ent

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010 - 12:21

Lord Bones wrote:
Indeed RS has changed things alot in just 1 years. I think 4 times. Now I have paid for 3 another months just give me time find another host.

You know. The most sure thing is to buy a domain name, get a server stack, and be independent. But that's fucking costly.

Megaupload seems ok
I don't want mediafire

Aah well more research to be done

No worries there Lord Bones, take your time. The filehost quest can be a real pain in the arse, I'm fine with my recommended ones for now, but I'll probably have to move somewhere else eventually, that's always the way of things.

No
Back to top Go down
AchiLLeS
Blog Contributor
Blog Contributor
AchiLLeS

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010 - 19:42

I also agree with rapidshare.
Some people prefer to use RS because of the download speed. Rapidshare has the best download speed (i believe).
If you are a premium member, you have excellent speed on downloading....And you can download all parts together...if you are downloading a movie or so....
The free users must wait to download and they have less speed.
Rapidshare company wants as many premioum users as possible....
Back to top Go down
headless-cross
Obscure
Obscure
headless-cross

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptySun 19 Dec 2010 - 19:25

Personally I would like to see some rapidshare links here, because I have a premium account, but it's ok for me if the forum goes "strict NO RAPIDSHARE".
Back to top Go down
Peter
Obscure
Obscure
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010 - 14:32

I'm not a big file sharer, i'll stick with a free MegaUpload account and works fine. After using Rapidshare for free, they got their download methods changed and away was my free collectors account with all the links gone. They deleted them because of the content Sad
Even with a free MU account you can get enough music to listen to that day, it's diffrent when downloading movies. You get them for free so make the choice for yourself, wait or pay .
Back to top Go down
http://nwobhm-maniacs.forumotion.com
oldschool
Obscure
Obscure
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011 - 23:34

Rapidshare is the absolute worst for non-paying"premium" users. Mediafire is the best for non-paying users.
Back to top Go down
manguarden
Obscure
Obscure
manguarden

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptyFri 4 Feb 2011 - 1:33

oldschool wrote:
Rapidshare is the absolute worst for non-paying"premium" users. Mediafire is the best for non-paying users.

So true but, for how long? Maybe Mediafire is not going to last enough, as well as Old Rapidshare.
Back to top Go down
Sletti2
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptySat 5 Feb 2011 - 3:34

I have to download regularly from several different uploadservers, so I know them all ... and my conclusion is that Megaupload is the very best, especially for free users.
On Megaupload you can take an album after just 45 seconds waiting time, that's fast enough for me. And the download goes real fast.

Mediafire is also a fast one, but it happens regularly that files are damaged and cannot be unpacked.

Hotfile and some others will delete your stuff much too soon.

Rapidshare was nice in the beginning, but indeed, they are making you wait more and more and their downloadspeed doesn't even come close to that of Megaupload.
Back to top Go down
Zephyrus
Obscure
Obscure

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptySat 9 Jul 2011 - 10:31

I don't think Rapidshare should be used as a file host. Megaupload instead,is quicker and easier to use,even if you are a free user. Mediafire is also easy and quick to use but I agree with Sletti 2 on the part that many files are damaged or unobtainable.
Megaupload is the best of all. Fast downloading for free users and little waiting time.
All hail Megaupload.
Another option is to upload a file that is downloadable from many servers,so every user would be able to download from the server that works better for him. Free users could use megaupload as an option, while a rapidshare pro user could choose to download it via rapidshare.I consiliatory option for everyone.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sletti2
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptySat 9 Jul 2011 - 12:34

Since two days I noticed that RapidShare became a lot faster again. Only 10 sec waiting time and it downloads as fast as before.

Check it out !
Back to top Go down
Metal Master
Obscure
Obscure
Metal Master

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011 - 17:43

Rapidshare has been improving recently, I'd say Yes that it should be included. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Rapidshare be used as a file host?   Should Rapidshare be used as a file host? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rare & Obscure Metal Forum :: Forum Rules & Support :: Suggestions-
Jump to: